Friday, May 11, 2012

Back in the Day

     Today I want to talk about something that I have noticed and wanted to touch on for a bit.  I was driving home the other night and I went through a town in central Florida that reminded me of better times.  As I went through it I felt as though I was taken back several years, probably a time before my own.  The small, simple, and antique looking town slowed down time and demanded me to appreciate the simpleness of it.  The walk-up ice cream stand was the cherry that topped this slice of paradise.

      Normally something so simple wouldn't stand out so much but I recognized and appreciated something in this landscape that made me start to think.  When we look around us all we see is people rushing and things changing faster than we recognize.  We go somewhere and come back and there is something that is out of the norm from what we remember last.  Sometimes it can be disheartening.  This town reminded me of a place that you could leave and when you get back everything and everyone will be right there waiting with open arms.  That sounds like a wonderful home.

     We need to slow down and enjoy ourselves and our lives because you may leave and something just might not be the same when you get back.  I think about going to Wal Mart and sometimes when I look around I am sad that people can't take the time to give one another a smile or a friendly "Hello" and "Have a good day" with sincere attitude.  You never know, you may make someones day just by wishing them a good day.  There is a commercial on TV that I really, really love. The commercial starts out by someone helping a stranger and someone seen it and then that person did something to help a stranger and so on.  Today I was at Target and there was a single cart in the cart rack outside so I grabbed it and pushed it in even though I didn't need it.  No one saw it and no one will probably ever will know but I feel that I helped a complete stranger today in some way I challenge each of you to help someone throughout your days.  Comment on here and let others know what YOU did to help a stranger....I promise it makes you feel very good and you really could make your own day in the process. Have a good day everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Its the world and the rush of today, no time for yesterday and already busy tomorrow. If this country wasnt already so fucked, people wouldnt have to work their lives away and miss EVERYTHING we see everyday and would be able to appreciate the simple things in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that addition it is very true. We work our lives away.

    ReplyDelete